Monday, February 22, 2010

When the Devil beats his Wife


laying on the ground with a throbbing pain she fades to thoughts of him.

We would dance like the wind talks, flowing as one together happy, and free.
His face, his smile, his arms, nothing could be safer.
This feeling I have is welling up that all I think about is him.
We take long walks, and we talk about our future together.

my eyes flicker to see the footsteps passing me to the door.

We have a son! A son! He looks just like his daddy.
Daddy was so proud of his growing family.
In a new house, new child, new life.
Everything couldn't have been better if I planned it.

i'm in a van the lights are bright. why? i don't understand? why?

My baby is on the ground crying, my husband standing above him.
I rush over and step in front of my baby asking him why? What's wrong?
He screams and pulls me closer by my hair. Who is this man? This isn't my husband.
I'm edging further away, but the danger is closing in. I'm drowning in the swirling rush of his strength. It's over. I'm in pain. I'm crying. Why? Why God?

a voice is talking to me. she says it's going to be ok, this is the last time the devil beats his wife.

0 comments: